Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Another Self Portrait

I though my last self portrait was a little plain. So I thought I'd get creative and try something new. This was the 27th attempt at this type of photo. Keep in mind this is one frame, I did not use Photoshop to create this image. This is an 18 second exposure with two pops of my 430 ex ii.

Reflecting on this shot I hope I don't appear creepy. The low angle of the pop on the left combined with the gaze on the right could send mixed messages and ultimately a rejected feeling by the viewer. I really had no idea what to do for the first pop so I sat there, the second pop I wanted to look into the camera, but my eyes were still adjusting so my biggest challenge was to find the right side of the lens so I didn't occupy the same part of the frame for both pops.

This photo is more about control of light than it is anything else and that is why I'm proud of the shot. Maybe next time I'll get creative and make it look like I'm having fun at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment